|And Martha Stewart Have a Ball (Part 1)|
|Season 1, Episode 23|
|Air date||May 7, 2012|
|Writer||Michael Patrick King|
And the Big Buttercream Breakthrough
And Martha Stewart Have a Ball (Part 2)
A major opportunity for Max and Caroline falls through when her father's move to a new prison brings her story into the news again. Caroline lies in bed depressed until Max brings Chestnut to cheer her up. After learning Martha Stewart will be attending the Met Ball, they concoct a scheme to get her to try their cupcakes. Max's mood is then affected when Johnny, whose art has become more successful, comes into the diner to say goodbye to her as he's moving to Manhattan and getting married.
Caroline: As much as my shoes love being back in their place of birth...
Max: Oh, your shoes were born here? Mine were born in China, but I adopted them at Payless.
- When Sophie says the line: "I'm like Richard Gere and your my two hookers", this is a reference to the 1990 feature film Pretty Woman which co-starred Julia Roberts.
International Air DatesEdit
- Canada: May 7, 2012 on Citytv
- United Kingdom: September 20, 2012 on E4/E4 HD
- Germany: February 12, 2013 on ProSieben
- Martha Stewart - Herself
- Matt Cook - Brody
- Mario Diaz - Steam Punk Guy
- Laurel Coppock - Kara
- Donnell Turner - Officer James
- Brandon Bell - Officer Mars
- Sloan Robinson - Francine
- Dana Powell - Shana
- Bruno Amato - Officer Gonsalez
- Adam Ray - Tony
- Abe Ruthless - Cater Waiter