|Age||76 or 74|
|Family & Friends|
|Family|| Darius - Son |
|Relationships||Many sexual encounters|
|Friends|| Max Black |
Earl, played by Garrett Morris, is the 76 year old cashier who works at Williamsburg Diner where Max Black and Caroline Channing also waitress. Earl first appears in the pilot episode and repeatedly reminisces about the 60's and makes comments about celebrities he's performed, worked, or slept with.
All we know about his identity so far is his first name: Earl. His last name has not been revealed, but in one episode when Caroline is trying to convince a group of hipsters to buy his saxophone album, she says his name is Earl Samson. Though it fits, Earl tells Max that Caroline made up his last name just for that sales pitch and remarks how "that girl can sell."
Earl is an old african-american man with a white beard and hair which is covered by the several caps he wears to work. His height is unknown. When at work, Earl wears whatever he wants, which includes several different coloured caps and a pair of headphones.
Personality and TraitsEdit
Earl is a loveable guy who is always talking about the 60's and how it was so much better back then. He and Max have a very flirtatious, banter-filled relationship, and Max would be with Earl if only he was three years younger. He is nice to everyone.
Earl has a son, Darius, played by Cedric the Entertainer, who appeared in "And the Pre-Approved Credit Card." He has had many sexual relationships. He considers Max as family, because of the jokes they share and the advice he gives her.
- Main article: Max-Earl Relationship
- Main article: Earl's Quotations
- He has supposedly slept with Angela Lansbury in a restaurant booth and she "begged for it harder."
- He wears thongs.
- He did cocaine during the 80's and in 75'.
- He knows when it is going to snow.
- He thought that the WiFi Router was a cookie warmer.
- He loves Max and thinks of her as a family member, which she finds nice.
- He has a baseball bat under his counter.
- He always wears a flat cap.
- He worked with Marvin Gaye and the Gay Marvins (they were ahead of their time).
- Han claims that he can play the saxophone.
- Because he wears headphones, people mistake him for a DJ.
- Although 76, he still gets slipped phone numbers by older ladies.
- His PIN number is 2008.
- A gathering of 2 or more white people makes him nervous.
- He watches Downton Abbey because he likes "any show where the help is white."