|Nickname:|| Maxoline |
|Intimacy Level:||Best Friends|
Max-Caroline Relationship is the friendship of Max and Caroline, which was formed in Pilot. They are roommates, best friends, work together in the diner, and are partners in business. They are largely seen as a lesbian couple and noticeably have a sexual attraction to one another, even having kissed at one point.
- Max and Caroline move in together as roommates.
Their friendship has progressed over the season,
- Caroline invites Max to see her father in prison. She comes along and Caroline's dad tells her to get a cup she won many years ago. Max then comes up with the idea that they could get rich if they went to the auction, which they both do. At the auction they gain the cup but to their surprise it was empty. They then go back to the jail where Martin (Caroline's father) denies that he put any money in the cup. They both leave disappointed, but her relationship with her father is strained.
- Max and Caroline go on the TV show Cupcake Wars together in hopes of winning the $10,000 prize money to help their cupcake business. They don't win but they do come up with a new cupcake flavor.
- The nurse thought they were lesbians.
- Max and Caroline open their cupcake store with a huge party.
- Max, Caroline, and Andy go on a short vacation to a cabin in the mountains - Andy leaves half way through but Max and Caroline stay.
- Max and Caroline get in an argument over the cupcake shop, but by the end of the night they're friends again.
- Max and Caroline are invited to the Grammy's, and they'll be flying their on a private jet which Caroline soon realizes used to be her private jet and it's still being flown by her old pilot. They find out that someone else will be flying with them, and it turns out the extra passanger is 2 Chainz. While 2 Chainz is asleep they take photos with him, until he wakes up and catches them. They chat with 2 Chainz for a while, and Caroline's pilot lets Max help fly the plane - until it makes a weird noise and she panics thinking she broke it. The plane makes an emergency landing, Max and Caroline have to stay at a motel for the night where they watch the Grammy's on TV while eating candy and wearing expensive dresses that they return the next day.
- Max gets electrocuted and Caroline performs mouth to mouth resuscitation as Max is not breathing.
- Max and Caroline open their second shop in the back room of the diner.
- Max says she loves Caroline, and that she is her best friend.
- Max and Caroline get a cat together which they call Nancy.
- Max spanks Caroline twice (and she likes it!). When Caroline asks Max why she liked it so much Max says "something with boobs was touching you."
- Max and Caroline get a job at a coffee shop together, which only lasted a few hours.
- Max and Caroline come up with a new trend, Cake Fries, to sell at their store. And for the first time, they sell out of a product.
- Max and Caroline go see a prostitute together, the prostitute does a kind-of lap dance for each of them. Caroline admits that it was starting to turn her on and that she can't be a bisexual at the current time because she's so busy with everything else.
- Max and Caroline go out to dinner together at a fancy restaurant after Caroline is stood up by a surfer.
- Caroline takes Max to enroll her in the Manhattan School of Pastry, when Max doesn't get accepted they go together to the School to speak to chef Nicolas, he accepts Max as a student and tells her the fee - they realize they won't be able to pay and Max leaves upset. Caroline tells him that she'd do anything for Max to go to the Pastry School, Caroline makes a deal with Nicolas to work in the office to pay for Max's tuition. When she arrives back at Max's Apartment she announces that Max is going to Pastry School and gives her the navy chef's clothes she has to wear for class.
- Max jokingly refers to Caroline as her wife then kisses her cheek before they go into different rooms.
- Caroline takes Max to her former nanny, Antonia's, funeral.